What are your favorite classic sticks?

What’s the one to the back right of the red planet ?
BigR Candyland
BigR Candyland.jpg
 
What ever this one is. I forget what it is but was the only one I could get to grow my first 5 years in the hobby. Now I only have frags because of my hermit crabs who I sent packing back to my LFS, they would all congregate in the branches and break them off. Can you name this for me? The second pic was my 46 gallon bowfront, the fourth is everything transferred to a 75 gallon.
 

Attachments

  • Stick coral.jpg
    Stick coral.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 88
  • clam2.jpg
    clam2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 83
  • Frags2, 10.07.2020.jpg
    Frags2, 10.07.2020.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 75g 1.jpg
    75g 1.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 77
What ever this one is. I forget what it is but was the only one I could get to grow my first 5 years in the hobby. Now I only have frags because of my hermit crabs who I sent packing back to my LFS, they would all congregate in the branches and break them off. Can you name this for me? The second pic was my 46 gallon bowfront, the fourth is everything transferred to a 75 gallon.
Looks like my Tubbs Stellata branching monti.
 
Low maintenance coral for sure. I can just place a broken piece anywhere on my rocks and they will grow. Thanks for the info.
Sa
Same here.
Here is mine.
Just took this one.
20210205_201000.jpg
 
So where would Pink or green Birdsnest, Purple Stylo and Bubblegum Digi fall in all this? Arent these classic?

So far I cant keep any of those alive under a Kessil 360 over a 60 cube.. thinking of changing to 4 tube Aquatic life with blue plus.. any suggestions.. ?
 
Tyree Ponape bird nest
Aqua science ice fire echinata
 
Going to stick with ORA here:
1. Pearlberry
2. German Blue Polyp Acro(elusive)
3. Chips Acro (for the fuzz)
4. Red Planet
5. Hawkins Blue
6. Roscoes Blue
7. Dustins Deepwater(very unique)
8. Plum Crazy
9. Tri-color acro
10. Phils Granulosa

That would be a heck of a 10 pack ;)
 
Makes me wonder about changes in lighting. Back when some of these were new folks were using MH, PC, VHO. LED was barely on the horizon. Any thoughts on whether these do as well under modern LED systems? Or have changes in lighting led folks to other SPS strains that do better under LED?
 
Makes me wonder about changes in lighting. Back when some of these were new folks were using MH, PC, VHO. LED was barely on the horizon. Any thoughts on whether these do as well under modern LED systems? Or have changes in lighting led folks to other SPS strains that do better under LED?
I prefer and run MH supplemented with Orphek leds.
In todays world all quality light sources work for all types of corals.
 
So where would Pink or green Birdsnest, Purple Stylo and Bubblegum Digi fall in all this? Arent these classic?

So far I cant keep any of those alive under a Kessil 360 over a 60 cube.. thinking of changing to 4 tube Aquatic life with blue plus.. any suggestions.. ?
Maybe water issue? Running activated carbon may cause issues with those corals as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new