What are your favorite nano fish? (20g stocking ideas!)

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First thing that came to mind was a royal gramma, already mentioned. Tailspots come with a huge personality in a small package.
FC795D33-9194-4DD0-8FF4-EE9BA62FE622.jpeg
My tailspot is a clown and an awesome little fish. He’s very curious and outgoing

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll back everyone up on the Blenny, I have a Midas Blenny so he’s a tad different, his name is carlos because he reminded me of the fish from the cat in that hat lol… He is the life of the tank, he perches, he comes to the top of the tank and sticks his whole head out of the water and swims around the top whenever I come close to the tank (probably just wants food but it’s so cute!) and then when he goes to his rock his lil head sticks out and you can see his blue eyes.

72635540215__650E03A8-3327-4612-9DC9-6706E84D46F3.jpeg IMG_2180.jpeg IMG_2172.jpeg IMG_2098.jpeg

Last edited:

Flyangler33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a purple dotty back, by far my prettiest fish...HOWEVER was an absolute menace big time bully ended up killing my goby. Gave him to someone with a bigger tank. Ive heard more people have issues with the dottie backs being bullies than not.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies have always been my favorite in nano tanks because their personalities are always so cool. Also a nice peaceful oddball are the wetmorella wrasse

OP
OP
Dani_13563

Dani_13563

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns will kill all those fish!!
Would getting a single clown be better? Like would it prevent some aggression due to there not being a dominant female? I only wanted one originally, but I saw on different threads that people were saying a pair would be more fun to watch.

OP
OP
Dani_13563

Dani_13563

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a purple dotty back, by far my prettiest fish...HOWEVER was an absolute menace big time bully ended up killing my goby. Gave him to someone with a bigger tank. Ive heard more people have issues with the dottie backs being bullies than not.
I have changed my mind about wanting a purple dottyback! Lol. Although, my heart has gone from one semi-aggressive fish to another. I am super interested in sixlines at the moment. Although, it’d probably be just as bad as a dottyback.

Flyangler33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed my mind about wanting a purple dottyback! Lol. Although, my heart has gone from one semi-aggressive fish to another. I am super interested in sixlines at the moment. Although, it’d probably be just as bad as a dottyback.
So I have a sixline, hes tiny, not aggressive AT ALL. He keeps to himself zooms around and grazes.

OP
OP
Dani_13563

Dani_13563

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies have always been my favorite in nano tanks because their personalities are always so cool. Also a nice peaceful oddball are the wetmorella wrasse
Do you have a favorite blenny specifically?

I have been interested in the Tanaka's pygmy wrasse for a while, but they seem hard to find in stock! I also saw a thread with a killer yellow banded possum wrasse that kinda made me wary, but most people don't seem to have a problem with them.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a favorite blenny specifically?

I have been interested in the Tanaka's pygmy wrasse for a while, but they seem hard to find in stock! I also saw a thread with a killer yellow banded possum wrasse that kinda made me wary, but most people don't seem to have a problem with them.
I'm partial to many of the fang blennies because they're usually very confident and out in the open or some of the utility species like lawnmower blennies or molly miller blennies because they are usually very active grazing on algae or perching and waiting like puppies.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back