What camera's are being used with apex?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmjr1201
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmjr1201

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
25
Location
Kissimmee Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R's want to narrow down on some camera options for apex. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!
 
I used a dlink,
  • D-Link
  • DCS-942L
  • /video/mjpg.cgi
It was a great little camera and work just fine until the wife bump it into the tank...
 
Doesn't answer your question directly, as I do not use an Apex, but I just installed a Foscam FI9826P and the thing is amazing. If you can determine it works with the Apex, it might be a good choice. Good luck with your search.
 
The dlink I posted above had built in wifi and a RJ45 port, I ran it off a hub for better video stream performance (internal LAN) but, unless you have a T1 or fiber to your house you really wont see the benefits of hard line out to the internet so either way will work.
 
The dlink I posted above had built in wifi and a RJ45 port, I ran it off a hub for better video stream performance (internal LAN) but, unless you have a T1 or fiber to your house you really wont see the benefits of hard line out to the internet so either way will work.
Thanks buddy...
 
I use the Foscam FI9821W V2 and after the latest software update it works fairly well with Fusion. You can also run their software and access the cam remotely to use the pan and tilt feature to scan around the tank.
 
I have the raspberry pi camera and connect via ssh to remotely view it. Probably not as high quality as some of the cameras listed here, but it's 720p and was $30.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new