What can "brown" do for you? A lot, actually! The UC "Ugliest Coral Contest is BACK!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those sure are ugly! Grats guys on making the grade and hanging on to those out of sheer love your determination is about to pay off. only two of these look to fit the criteria of healthy and thriving though.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three of the ugliest corals I have ever seen and I can't even make the final 4? Man I should have posted some of my nice looking ones with them just to accent their ugliness. Surely they have been overlooked. :) I demand a recount!

RiverRat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent choices :)
Thank you for bringing back this contest......some of these "beauties" would never have made it to the spotlight without it.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three of the ugliest corals I have ever seen and I can't even make the final 4? Man I should have posted some of my nice looking ones with them just to accent their ugliness. Surely they have been overlooked. :) I demand a recount!

LOL, let the controversy begin! What a pain, huh?

Next time, we are going to make it a more "crowd sourced" contest, with readers doing the voting! But in the mean time, we love the controversy!

LOL

Scott

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do I have to do, hold a coral hostage and threaten to leave it out to dry to get some recognition here? I thought this was a friendly forum? This is coral profiling! You'll hear from my lawyer! I could go on for days. Lol

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I <3 this contest. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! lol should start a trophy style thread or hall of champions type thing... little ribbons UGLIEST coral 2014. this kind of thing is what makes forums fun. being judged by experts that see so many different corals everyday. I wouldn't change a thing. ...other than maybe the final ballet which sends that smoking hot chalice my way instead.. 8) thank you Unique Corals you guys rock. ....

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got dirty with three award winning ugly dirty brown corals and it got me nowhere. I wouldn't waste your breath. I'm sure it was rigged! This is more fun than the contest. lol

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoooah man... u cant be serious...... your browns are ugly but ...not by design in nature .... but by operator error.
I got dirty with three award winning ugly dirty brown corals and it got me nowhere. I wouldn't waste your breath. I'm sure it was rigged! This is more fun than the contest. lol

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I win I'll just say, "I won those beautiful corals in a photo contest." I surely won't volunteer the info about it was an ugly coral contest or that it looked like a 'possum splattered a rock.

Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't see the competition but I have one, I have had this coral for over a year and it has not grown or changed color. It was awesome red with blue too loripes when I got it, but it quickly turned green, stayed green, and refuses to grow.

When I got it about a year and half ago

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1390362132.875258.jpg

Taken a couple months ago

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1390362179.838032.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back