What can I do help these clownfish babies survive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LuizW13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LuizW13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2017
Messages
907
Reaction score
884
Location
DFW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed my clownfish spawned for the first time, and naturally, like every ones first go around with this, I'd like to maximize their chances of surviving.

The timing couldn't have been better, because I moved all my corals, and other fish to a new tank upgrade, but decided to the clownfish in their existing tank for the time being. The idea was that I'd add a couple more fish to the new system before introducing the clowns.

I don't know exactly when the eggs where laid and fertilized, I don't have rotifers right now. But can I go to the lfs, pick up some rotifers, turn off the main return pump and let them do their thing? Or is there something more I should do?
 
Yeah there's quite a bit more to raising clowns than just adding rotifers. The breederregistry.org is a good place to start. It's a lot of work, but can be fun too. Good luck
 
Yeah, i’ve watched and read other peoples experiences with this. Figured why not try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new