What causes yellow sps to appear green?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jagator31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think lighting. I have had many purple/yellow SPS turning green when first introduced to a new tank...After acclimating to the environment then the color comes back if the conditions are right...Sometimes even better color than in previous tank...
 
Correct just lighting.
Many say that a weekly dose of some iron will do the trick to keep the yellow but never worked in my system.
My acros that are yellow stay yellow just to keep them close if not over the 350 par.
No3 between 5ppm and 10 ppm, Po4 at 0.06.
 
iron will green a yellow coral ime.

just give it a ton of light and keep nutrients lowish.

5-10 no3
.02-.15 po4

if you want paler yellow... go for 3ppm no3.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new