What color wall behind the aquarium.

Gary Ellis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2018
Messages
741
Reaction score
180
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color wall behind the aquarium would accent the tank? It's currently white.
IMG_2544.JPG
 
Well thanks, my wife passed away 8 months ago. I didn't know if a darker color vs. white would show off the tank better. The back of the tank comes with a black background, which makes me think it's that way for a reason. Here's a
IMG_4082.JPG
recent photo.
 
Last edited:
Well thanks, my wife passed away 8 months ago. I didn't know if a darker color vs. white would show off the tank better. The back of the tank comes with a black background, which makes me think it's that way for a reason. Here's a
IMG_4082.JPG
recent photo.
oh no, so sorry to hear man.

I have seen some nice wall paper behind tanks some better than others.
if you paint are you going to move the tank or paint around it?

maybe a darker color would look good there. or maybe some reclaimed wood paneling?

nice tank BTW!
 
oh no, so sorry to hear man.

I have seen some nice wall paper behind tanks some better than others.
if you paint are you going to move the tank or paint around it?

maybe a darker color would look good there. or maybe some reclaimed wood paneling?

nice tank BTW!
I would paint around it. The idea is to attract your eyes less to the wall and more towards the tank. A dark color probably.
 
Well thanks, my wife passed away 8 months ago. I didn't know if a darker color vs. white would show off the tank better. The back of the tank comes with a black background, which makes me think it's that way for a reason. Here's a
IMG_4082.JPG
recent photo.
So sorry about your loss, and no advice here for the wall.

Just here to say that looks like an unsafe place for the tank, right at the bottom of the stairs don’t slip and fall into the tank!
 
I would paint around it. The idea is to attract your eyes less to the wall and more towards the tank. A dark color probably.
that would do it. maybe a dark grey/green or something?
get some color swatches and tape them to the wall and leave there for a a bit to see how you like it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new