What coral is this vine from?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure out if this vine is from the Kenya, or the polyps. It doesn't seem to be attached to any coral in particular but to the rock.

I feel like it's kenya, but I'm not sure?


IMG_3019.jpg
 
I think its some sort of rhizome from a type of macro algae as well.
 
if it's from macro algae, wondere where it came from. I've only had chaetos and dragon's breath (That didn't survive)

either way, it's good for this tank :D
 
Can you post more pics? I have something similar that I was told was a tunicate.
 
197AA421-7695-4B70-913C-61F4AEF63C80.jpeg
As promised here’s another shot- before lights came on.

There seems to be holes in the vines- hallow maybe?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new