What Coral Is This??

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcasa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rcasa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Messages
98
Reaction score
55
Location
montclair
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At night those little tentacles go away and it’s like a green stem, my dad bought it without knowing what it was and I’m curious.

20260125_141051_A971E32D-749D-4EF5-B4FF-E2DBDC23B003.png

20260125_141051_F6F6F6B6-E8D2-42DE-8439-090B5C4F7CA3.png

What is it and the water parameters they need???
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure but it's interesting looking, following along cuz I'm curious too.
 
the person that sold the coral to him should have the answer to that question
 
Guessing hydnophora
 
Branching Hydnophora. Make sure you don't place other corals too close to it because it's an aggressive coral.
How will it be aggressive? Also what’s the water parameters they thrive in?
 
Hydnophora send out mesenterial filaments that sting near by corals. Hydnophora is a hardy coral, just maintain the chemistry WNL saltwater parameters. It's not a delicate sps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new