What did I do wrong with a Blood Red Fire Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter GuppyHJD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
786
Location
North Port, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My tank has bee up for over a year. I bought a few coral frags and a blood red fire shrimp to add to the tank.
I floated the bag the shrimp was in for half an hour and then put him in a bucket and started a drip acclimation while I dipped and glued my new coral frags. The drip doubled the water and ran for over an hour. I netted the shrimp and released him in the tank. He swam down on the rocks and started touring. None of the fish seemed to bother him - Two clowns, Two fire fish, Two wrasses, a coral beauty and a starry blenny.
The next morning the shrimp was dead on the bottom and two hermit crabs were eating his remains.

What did I do wrong?
Thanks
 
Did you dip the shrimp also? I didn't think they could tolerate the dip.
 
My bad....today, when I fed the tank, the shrimp crawled out to get something to eat. SURPRISE. What I thought was dead, must have been a molt. Wow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new