What did i get?

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of new frags from the lfs and they didn't know the names of them. Scientific names would be much appreciated! Guessing some sort of acro and monti but I'm still new to sps, have an amazing pink birdsnest,orange leptoseris, and a blue cyphastrea doing awesome in the tank now so figured it was time to fill in some of the top rockwork. Plus 35 bucks a piece is hard to pass up
Thanks in advance!
20231108_170535.jpg
20231108_170531.jpg

OP
OP
BairCorals

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
top one is setosa. It will thrive in lower light.
Awesome thanks much, so like mid to lower rockwork? It's sitting in the middle of my tank under where my center brace is about halfway up the rockwork. I'll let it sit there for a week and see if it colors up well. It's not too happy after the revive dip I did. Lfs was pretty gross this time (new employees) covered in all sorts of god knows what.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one definitely a Montipora setosa, highly adaptable when it comes to lighting, I've got one at the very top of the tank being blasted by my Maxspect RSX 150 at 80% power on all channels.

As for the second one, definitely an Acropora. Possibly an Acropora microclados (Not SSB)?

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks much, so like mid to lower rockwork? It's sitting in the middle of my tank under where my center brace is about halfway up the rockwork. I'll let it sit there for a week and see if it colors up well. It's not too happy after the revive dip I did. Lfs was pretty gross this time (new employees) covered in all sorts of god knows what.
They work pretty much anywhere, but I think they get darker coloration lower in the tank, but grow faster higher in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back