OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I did a low budget exchange (basically $20). So no fish tank stuff.

But the petstore owner did a favor and unlocked his store on Christmas for me (he was already there doing some upkeep for about 1-2hours). I got some water and Frags (basically 12-13 gallon system needed RO really badly or else my tank pump would've been sucking air today [and I cant go to any stores today even if they were open]).

IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2072.JPG
That is very cool of the owner. Nother like customer service:)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hubby got me a couple more conch snails, 3 peppermint shrimp, and a reef octopus 152-s!!! Mr. anti-fish tank is now kind of getting into all of this!!! Now - if only I could figure out exactly how high the bubbles are supposed to be so it will run correctly....
Good job and turning him to the reef side:D

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a tub of Thermomorph to work on my aqua scape for the new build, and Aquarium Corals by Borneman. Plus some Amazon gift cards that will most likely (definitely) be spent on stuff for my build in progress. Yay!

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker I can't bring myself to even mess with the T2i. The 100mm EF Macro takes some seriously nice photos. It's definitely a keeper. I think it is a superior lens to the 65mm EF-S Macro.

Man the full frame CMOS sensor in the 6D body REALLY takes some nice photos. I've mostly just played at this point, but I can tell that it's going to be great camera.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker I can't bring myself to even mess with the T2i. The 100mm EF Macro takes some seriously nice photos. It's definitely a keeper. I think it is a superior lens to the 65mm EF-S Macro.

Man the full frame CMOS sensor in the 6D body REALLY takes some nice photos. I've mostly just played at this point, but I can tell that it's going to be great camera.
There are two 100mm EF Macro link

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IS USM version. This one: https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-100mm-f-28l-macro-is-usm

Pretty sure the only difference between the two is the IS version has image stabilization. Whether that's something you need or not is probably personal preferrence. I will probably shoot some portraits with it so it may come in handy. Tank shots will likely all be from a tripod so that won't matter as much.

I will mention that when viewing through the viewfinder this lens has a very narrow depth of field, and takes a little getting used to. Not as forgiving as the 65mm EF-S lens. But once I figured that out, it takes some seriously sharp photos with some strong Bokeh effects. Hope this helps a little

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa was very good to my tanks this year.

He delivered this skimmer to me a few days early because the pump on my other one bit the dust:

I also got a new dual reactor for the big tank:

Got some vibrant too:

I'm also in the the process of getting everything to switch everything from Biocube to the abyss tank that I got a few months ago. Got my Nanobox light:

https://flic.kr/p/QD1j9z
Also got the IM desktop skimmer for the tank:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got tons of cool stuff from my secret santa, and lots of money "for fish stuff" from my fam. :D

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not ask for anything. I just gave. That's bc my tank is not set up. But like most of u I like to buy things for my hobby rather than have someone buy it for me. For One only we know what we really want and dang we can be some picky f***KS lol. Did tell the wife though when it's up and running Corals and more corals..

And then the wife buys a bunch of xenia, gsp, cloves, and Kenya trees cuz she thought they was pretty and she loves u[emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being posting this thread for the last couple of years and I am going to keep it going.

Merry Christmas 2017:)

Back