What disease does my green clown goby have?

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my green clown goby for about four months, when I first bought him he was malnourished and blue in color. Over the past few months I've fattened him up, and he's turned green like he should, but recently he's turned pink and he's got spots on him that look like ich,but I'm hoping it's lympho, and fearing it's flukes or velvet. He's still eating like a piggy, what does this look like to you?

IMG_20210331_201538279.jpg

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is green clown goby color change normal? When he was blue he was in a tank with a blue background, then he turned green when I added chaeto, now he's pink after I added a large kenya tree, do they change color to their surrounding?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is green clown goby color change normal? When he was blue he was in a tank with a blue background, then he turned green when I added chaeto, now he's pink after I added a large kenya tree, do they change color to their surrounding?
We need some additional background information about your tank; what other fish you have in there, when your last fish was added, water quality etc. Here is a link to some hints:

Also, can you try for a clearer picture? Touch to see much. I do see some random spots, as well as a frayed caudal fin....

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I don't think I'll be able to get a clearer picture :(

Tank parameters;

Nitrate 5
Phosphate 0.03

Stocking- 10 gallon with a wheelers goby, firefish and green clown goby

Inverts;

Candy cane pistol shrimp
3 sexy shrimp
2 bumble bee shrimp
Porcelain crab
2 rock flower anemone
4 bumble bee snails
4 cerith snails

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t Lymphocystis. I can’t see clear enough to tell you if it is ich or not. If it is, you will likely start seeing spots on the other fish in a day or two. It isn’t velvet, the fish would not be eating and would be breathing fast if it were.
All I can see is some possible spots, pale coloration and the ragged fins I mentioned. The only thing I can suggest is to try a five minute freshwater dip to check for flukes and to see if that provides any temporary relief.
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back