What do I do with a coral terrorist…

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a chocolate chip sea star (I think) by accident when ordering a serpent a while back, a few days before the tank crash. He was the lone survivor aside from my crabs; and didnt have time to deal with the order being messed up. Little coral muncher is going after corals. He ate my blasto yesterday and attempted to eat my chalice corals just now! I like sea stars and he is super cool but boy is he ticking me off. Can I put him in my nano with rock flowers? All LFS pretty much told me that they wont take him and suggested to find someone with a hungry harlequin and give it to them. Problem is I dont know anyone and I actually like him (when he isnt eating one if my corals).

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a reef safe species. My suggestion is to sump it. You'll still be able to keep it, but it won't be harming your corals.
Ah wow thats actually a good idea. Never considered sumping him

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I got a chocolate chip sea star (I think) by accident when ordering a serpent a while back, a few days before the tank crash. He was the lone survivor aside from my crabs; and didnt have time to deal with the order being messed up. Little coral muncher is going after corals. He ate my blasto yesterday and attempted to eat my chalice corals just now! I like sea stars and he is super cool but boy is he ticking me off. Can I put him in my nano with rock flowers? All LFS pretty much told me that they wont take him and suggested to find someone with a hungry harlequin and give it to them. Problem is I dont know anyone and I actually like him (when he isnt eating one if my corals).
No rock flowers. Sump or else a dedicated tank for it.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No rock flowers. Sump or else a dedicated tank for it.
I figured as much but worth an ask! And I did put him in the sump. I always forget you can put animals like him in the sump

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. Not much you can do other than put him somewhere without access to corals. Maybe time to set up a 2nd tank as a FOWLR. :cool:

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got 3 tanks already… my BF would probably freak if I got another
Yep. Not much you can do other than put him somewhere without access to corals. Maybe time to set up a 2nd tank as a FOWLR. :cool:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife said she’d tolerate 2 tanks…2 tanks ago.
Right? He is upset cause he picked 3 clowns total for the nano and all died. The were just so thin at the LFS and I tried to save them but nope.. my two LFS had some really badly starved baby clown shipments

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Choco Chip stars are neat as well. If not fowler, why not make a smaller 20-30 gallon invert tank?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Choco Chip stars are neat as well. If not fowler, why not make a smaller 20-30 gallon invert tank?
Cause Nanos tick me off lol Im already angry with the one I have!!!

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right? He is upset cause he picked 3 clowns total for the nano and all died. The were just so thin at the LFS and I tried to save them but nope.. my two LFS had some really badly starved baby clown shipments
Yeah, there’s been a couple times I saw a fish I really wanted, but looked like it was gonna die before getting home even, and left it there. Sad as it is you gotta avoid livestock like that.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause Nanos tick me off lol Im already angry with the one I have!!!
I love all tanks. Started with a nano. Now I just got another one a few months ago for an Acro heavy tank. But my main squeeze is the SR60.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back