OP
OP
Elevation

Elevation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth. I work for a stage lighting company and that is what we use to clean all the lenses on lights. Sometimes I'll use some vinegar if there are water spots that won't come off, but everyone in the house hates the smell.
Definitely will try this!

OP
OP
Elevation

Elevation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside glass I use RO/DI on a paper towel and then dry with paper towel. If you have outside glass staining then white vinegar can be used instead of RO/DI water. A trick I used to use at an LFS a long time ago was to use old news paper with water to clean the glass but I don't think many people get the paper anymore.
My grandmother does that!! Always remeber growing up seeing that lol

OP
OP
Elevation

Elevation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your time and guidance! Definitely got alot more insight on what people have been doing for years!!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use vinegar to get rid of water lines inside the tank and also for general dust and fingerprints outside the tank. Once I have drained some of my water for my weekly water change I dampen a paper towel with vinegar and wipe it along the water line to clean it then I dry it off. For the outside I have a spray bottle with a vinegar and water solution that I use to clean it off. I never use cleaning chemicals around my tanks.

OP
OP
Elevation

Elevation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use vinegar to get rid of water lines inside the tank and also for general dust and fingerprints outside the tank. Once I have drained some of my water for my weekly water change I dampen a paper towel with vinegar and wipe it along the water line to clean it then I dry it off. For the outside I have a spray bottle with a vinegar and water solution that I use to clean it off. I never use cleaning chemicals around my tanks.
Yes absolutely agree! Definitely going to try the vinegar solution

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes absolutely agree! Definitely going to try the vinegar solution
I found it to be the safest solution. I get very bad water lines in my freshwater tanks from the hard water where I live and the vinegar does a great job of disolving it. Also, if I happen to get a bit in my tank I don't have to worry about it. I'm in the process of setting up my first saltwater tank and assume the vinegar will be equally effective with saltwater lines.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater wet rag over glass then shower squeegee.
OXO softworks squeegee,

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invisible glass. Spray it on the glass and I use a clean rag to wipe it. Y'all are putting too much thought into this.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very soft towel and water as 2 of my tanks are acrylic

NCK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for the outside glass, but I highly recommend The Flipper for cleaning inside. I put it off for years buying one, best 30 bucks ever spent!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I'm still a newb, and as we all know glass cleaning is a constant chore. Just curious as to what everyone uses to clean there glass? Anything that has been better than normal, what's the best material you have experienced? What spray of chemicals or natural oils do you guys use? Thanks everyone for yout time and looking forward to answers!
On the outside of the glass i use a natural spray with no chemicals, and for cleaning algae off the inside of the tank I use a razor blade, and then scrub it with a sponge that ive cleansed to basically polish off the glass and wipe off anything extra.
Happy reefing

dayanarivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know whats a good light for 220bgallon tank ingot this led rapid corona light but they are on and off and also I got from someone and there are use they dontneve. Work with the application fishbit so can some one tell me so I can buy good light thanks really thanks again

20200928_153523.jpg

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use clean beachtowels. Theyre soft and they get the dried salt and cloudyness off really well.

For inside i use the Petsmart brand magnet cleaner the big fat one. It works well with the felt outside and velcro inside. If i come accross hard algae i use a credit card

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using the fritz glass cleaner and noticed it left a film and I would half to go back over it. So now I use an e-cloth and tunzes glass cleaner. Works great and water that drips wicks away.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put Three coats of RainX on my Aquariums outside glass. I buff it off with a small Micr-Fiber Towel, sometimes I’ll wet one corner with RO/DI. BTW This was not used on the glass top.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flipper, scratches the least out of all of the stuff that I've used.

To clean the outside glass, I spray windex, or something equivalent, onto the paper towel first then wipe down the glass and go back with a clean paper towel until all smudges are removed.

I first spray onto the paper towel to prevent any from getting into the tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back