What do you eat for lunch?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I tend to enjoy reading everyone's opinions on here about reeftanks so I was thinking I would apply the forum's deep, analytical thinking to a different area and problem in my life: I'm bored with my lunch.

You see I work a 7:30-4 desk job with only a 30 minute break (it's really relaxed here though and most folks go over the 30 minutes often with no repercussions). I don't really have time to go to anywhere besides fast food places to get food and I'm desperately trying to eat better.

I've been eating ham sandwiches with a little bit of shredded lettuce on them and some sort of sauce with a random flavor small bag of chips and some peanut butter crackers (cheap and easy to put together in the morning). After 4 months that has gone very stale. I've tried to mix it up this week with salads but that's quickly sucking the life out of me with the lackluster taste and such.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or recommendations for cheap, easy, good-tasting meals. I like meat and I usually like something warm to eat (temperature, not spicy), we have a microwave to heat stuff up in. I can't have dairy or corn (corn oils are okay in small amounts, mainly corn starch is what my body can't take, sort of like gluten for some folks). Other than those small quirks I'm up for anything at this point!

If you have recipes or meal plan guides that you can post a link for, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cook extra dinner and pack lunches. The wife and I have been doing this for years and it's absolutely fantastic for the pocket book (MORE FRAGS!) and you get a delicious, nutritious meal that tends to make co-workers jealous. :p

Since you're in FL, have you hit Publix for their subs? Chicken tender sub is amazing, but all of their subs are remarkably good.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eating healthy requires planning in your case.
For ease, this is what I do: buy a couple of those roasted rotisserie chickens in the supermarket, pull all the skin off and discard. Shred the chicken and debone, place into a Tupperware container in fridge. Fresh spinach, olives, roasted red peppers, sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes (sandwich/wrap fixins') or what ever you like, a container of your favorite flavor of humus. A package of gluten free wraps. With said ingredients, spread the humus on the wrap, make yourself chicken wraps the night before and refrigerate. Bring to work in container.
As long as you have the ingredients available in your fridge, it takes 5 minutes to make a very health, tasty, low cal lunch.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for times when you forget a lunch I buy the kashi frozen meals at the grocery store. Healthy and delicious. Annies is good too. I also like some of the frozen indian cuisine - nice to have a different spice than what I ususally eat.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cook extra dinner and pack lunches. The wife and I have been doing this for years and it's absolutely fantastic for the pocket book (MORE FRAGS!) and you get a delicious, nutritious meal that tends to make co-workers jealous. :p

Since you're in FL, have you hit Publix for their subs? Chicken tender sub is amazing, but all of their subs are remarkably good.
I agree the chicken tender sub is the real deal, our publix gets so busy though that it takes 30 minutes to get one during lunch rush :( gonna see if they do call-ahead or online ordering.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t, I only eat once per day! Can’t get fat! I snack on peanuts fruit and veggies during the day tho
While my metabolism has slowed down to the point that I could probably skip lunch or just eat snacks, my coworkers would appreciate my hangriness haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eating healthy requires planning in your case.
For ease, this is what I do: buy a couple of those roasted rotisserie chickens in the supermarket, pull all the skin off and discard. Shred the chicken and debone, place into a Tupperware container in fridge. Fresh spinach, olives, roasted red peppers, sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes (sandwich/wrap fixins') or what ever you like, a container of your favorite flavor of humus. A package of gluten free wraps. With said ingredients, spread the humus on the wrap, make yourself chicken wraps the night before and refrigerate. Bring to work in container.
As long as you have the ingredients available in your fridge, it takes 5 minutes to make a very health, tasty, low cal lunch.
That sounds pretty good actually, I'll have to give it a try!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like sushi:
hqdefault.jpg

ac78f67c246fa947b51dfe6d8172b7b5--finding-nemo-halloween-party.jpg

pampling_nemo-sushi_1470348714.full.png

Followed by some delicious cake:
900_755650vMQp_nemo-sushi.jpg

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo @S-t-r-e-t-c-h , Publix has pretty amazing online ordering, got myself a pub-sub today and didn't have to wait in line!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to bring the previous nights leftovers to lunch. I hate fast food and have only half hour lunch.

So, it’s fun to watch my co-workers watch me pull out a dinner plate and heat up a BBQ’d pork steak smothered in sweet baby rays with a baker on the side! Lol Yum! ;Joyful

Back