What do you eat for lunch?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most days I run to the local grocery store and make a salad at the salad bar. Veggies and proteins. Might pick up some wings or something from the hot food section too. (Eat a few and save the rest for another day).
Our whole foods always has tons of hot food to choose from but it gets expensive.
Then bring back to my office and eat at my desk. Gone for a whole 15 mins.
But sometimes I go for a run first, and then take a shower. So my lunch turns into 1.5-2 hours. :p

The days of eating various fast food for lunch are long gone. So are the extra lbs.
I also keep some healthy snacks at my desk or in the office fridge.

Have thought about intermittent fasting? You can do a 16:8. No eating for 16 (black coffee, tea, water ok) and then eat for 8.
If you stopped eating at 8pm, sleep, skip breakfast, all you have to do is make it to lunch. Meanwhile your body has been burning stored fat.
Will help suck up some of those extra calories from the fast food meals, which you should cut down on.
I started doing this recently. It's pretty easy since you are sleeping through most of it, and it actually works. I've been plateaued on my weight loss for a while now and it's kicked off a few lbs already.
Still try to eat healthy though.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have thought about intermittent fasting? You can do a 16:8. No eating for 16 (black coffee, tea, water ok) and then eat for 8.
If you stopped eating at 8pm, sleep, skip breakfast, all you have to do is make it to lunch. .

I would be so weak i would fall off a ladder and break my neck Or worse.

I do not eat fast food at all thou.. but my issue is i often eat a snack at bedtime bedtime .

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will usually have a salad with a cup of coffee and a yogurt. I'm on a diet trying to loose weight. Started out at 252 lbs I'm now down to 195 lbs :) made a complete lifestyle change that I intend on continuing indefinitely to loose and maintain my weight :)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do not eat fast food at all thou.. but my issue is i often eat a snack at bedtime bedtime .
Yeah, I hear ya... I thought so too, but I bet you get used to it. :)
I ate bacon and eggs every single morning for years (I eat low carb/high protein). Usually worked out right before. Then a small mid morning snack sometimes. Or some days I run before lunch.
Now I can roll out of bed at 5:30, workout and then not eat till 1pm. Or wake at 6, run 4 miles at noon in 95 degree heat and eat at 1pm.
My body is still getting the energy it needs, just not from recently consumed food. It's using stored energy.
It's a mind thing.
What kills me is I never drank black coffee. I like it light and sweet! But I'm getting used to that too.

It's not for everyone though. Everybody's different. :)
And I am sitting at a desk all morning. I have to be creative and solve problems all morning but it's not physically strenuous.
Don't know how I'd feel if I was in construction or something.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stop home for lunch and eat a can of tuna while staring into the tank. I hate tuna . Just to let em know who's boss.
Lol, show them their place!

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know how I'd feel if I was in construction or something.

I own a very small home remodeling business, Thou i do have a few employees i am often working with them 99% of the time. When i used to work as project manager years ago i never ate breakfast most often not even lunch

Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should try ramen, either the microwaveable kind or you could bring a thermos of the stuff. There is so many different types too that you’ll never get bored.
My sister is in Japan right now, she's in the Marines, and she sends me snapchats all the time of the different ways they make ramen over there. Its insane!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It all depends on the person. My mother would probably die if she fasted. Her blood sugar is down to 60 in the mornings so she has to eat something.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to bring the previous nights leftovers to lunch. I hate fast food and have only half hour lunch.

So, it’s fun to watch my co-workers watch me pull out a dinner plate and heat up a BBQ’d pork steak smothered in sweet baby rays with a baker on the side! Lol Yum! ;Joyful
I brought a leftover ribeye to lunch one day and thought I was going to have a situation with some very jealous coworkers with their lean cuisines on my hands ;Hilarious

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought a leftover ribeye to lunch one day and thought I was going to have a situation with some very jealous coworkers with their lean cuisines on my hands ;Hilarious

It is the opposite at my work. Sometimes I get nauseous from the smells coming from the break room at lunch.

jenjen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This'll probably sound weird, but if you eat potatoes, half a baked potato can liven up a lot of lunches. Chili is SO good over baked potato, salad is as well. They take 10 min in the microwave. I cook up a big batch of chili and freeze it in portions, then cook a potato in the microwave at work to go with it. Yummm!

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This'll probably sound weird, but if you eat potatoes, half a baked potato can liven up a lot of lunches. Chili is SO good over baked potato, salad is as well. They take 10 min in the microwave. I cook up a big batch of chili and freeze it in portions, then cook a potato in the microwave at work to go with it. Yummm!
I get very sleepy after eating potatoes, too many carbs without exercising afterwards haha

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iam hungry right now ... Good thing i am about to head home . Checking email while sending receipt to customer for payment today.. Yehhhh i have money to buy food

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iam hungry right now ... Good thing i am about to head home . Checking email while sending receipt to customer for payment today.. Yehhhh i have money to buy food
Sorry haha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back