What do you feed a rose bulb?

RussC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a post just yesterday where a guy is feeding his Bubble Tip (and other LPS corals) worms. Good 'ole fashion garden worms. Wrigglers, etc. Got the idea after fooling around with blood worms. It makes sense. Worms are worms. He picked up the worms from a local fishing bait shop and now he composts his own bed of worms. He'll get several, wash them, leave them in a container for a little while because they tend to emit some "gross" stuff after the first washing. He washes them again. Then cuts them into small pieces and hand feeds the Bubble and corals. He said the results have been remarkable. And because the worm is usually still moving when he feeds, the response is ferocious. Even some of the picky fish have taken to it. His theory is worms are mostly protein. He's right. Ever watched the survivor shows on Discovery? Bear Grills isn't afraid to eat a worm.

RussC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a post just yesterday where a guy is feeding his Bubble Tip (and other LPS corals) worms. Good 'ole fashion garden worms. Wrigglers, etc. Got the idea after fooling around with blood worms. It makes sense. Worms are worms. He picked up the worms from a local fishing bait shop and now he composts his own bed of worms. He'll get several, wash them, leave them in a container for a little while because they tend to emit some "gross" stuff after the first washing. He washes them again. Then cuts them into small pieces and hand feeds the Bubble and corals. He said the results have been remarkable. And because the worm is usually still moving when he feeds, the response is ferocious. Even some of the picky fish have taken to it. His theory is worms are mostly protein. He's right. Ever watched the survivor shows on Discovery? Bear Grills isn't afraid to eat a worm.

RussC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RussC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, guys. Not sure what just happened. I got posts duplicating and crazy gibberish on others.

timnem70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Stopped spot feeding. They get plenty of nutrition from broadcast feedings and the clown uses them as a holder for his /her food.
The only thing I spot feed are my Acans, duncan and an elegance coral.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back