What do you need reminders for in reefing?

Are there things that slip your mind when it comes to reefing?

  • YES (tell us in the thread)

    Votes: 153 78.9%
  • NO

    Votes: 38 19.6%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 3 1.5%

  • Total voters
    194
I'm pretty bad at thawing out a frozen cube (mysis, brine, whatever). and only using half of it. Put the remainder in the fridge for later use and then forget about it. Have to throw it out.

Should really just start cutting them in half.
 
I'm pretty bad at thawing out a frozen cube (mysis, brine, whatever). and only using half of it. Put the remainder in the fridge for later use and then forget about it. Have to throw it out.

Should really just start cutting them in half.
I bought little containers for each day & set it up once a week
 
Thanks for all the input!
 
Not turning off skimmer when turning off the return pump. Week's worth of skimmate goes back into the tank:(
 
As a beginning reefer with limited livestock, I don't have much to do, and my AquariumNote 2 app has been great with reminding me of all the little tasks that I have to do.

But, as part of water changes, I always forget to turn my powerheads off when I'm vacuuming out the sandbed, at least until the water level drops to the higher-level powerhead and I have to scramble to my phone to get to the MyAI app or try to get to the controls inside my stand. The first time this happened, I asked my wife to use my phone, but I had to walk her through the whole thing while my hands were stuck inside the DT.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new