What % do you run your leds?

twintrades

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Location
norther wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Photon 32 over a 75 mixed reef. 90 deg optics
Sps are birds nest and acros. Lps are blastos,trumpet, chalices on bottom.

What do you run your lights at % blue and white... just wanting to see what mine are compared to everyone else.
 
I'm running two IT2040's (same as the reefbreeders) and I started out with 35% blues and 20% whites and colors. I ramped the leds up 5% per week till I am now at 80% blues and 40% whites at the peak of the lighting schedule. I do have a custom spectrum so it was a bit heavy on the warm whites. Here is what it looks like at those settings:

Lights were a bit too low so spread was not good, they have since been raised higher for better spread and no shadowing can been seen anymore.
 
Last edited:
LPS, LED Hydras run @ 100%. Probably don't need to, but everything is doing fine.
 
I run my Orphecks at 100% for 8 hours a day and blues 1 hour before and 1 hour after.
 
I have the OceanRevive OR-IT2080 which is the same as the Photon32. I do an 8 hour sunrise, 1 hour at midday at 80% blue and 40% white and then an 8 hour sunset. I raise and lower the power by 10% each hour and the whites start 3 hours after the blue and end 3 hours before the blue.

 
I'm running a Photon 32 over my 120 and my schedule and power is very close to Ron's, starting at 8:30 in the morning and not totally shutting off until 11:00 in the evening.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new