What do you test for and how often do you test?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mistergray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hanna.
Alk, phosphate weekly,
Icp 4 months
(Triton)
 
I test salinity before every water change. My 32 gallon tank is 2+ years old and I never tested for much else, unless I saw a problem. I answered some questions on the Red Sea website today and it advised what’s in the following screenshots. Do you all really test all this? I’ll be honest, I despise testing. I wish I could put a drop on a piece of paper and 20 results come out with all my parameters. :grinning-squinting-face: Any who… What (nitrate, pH, etc….) do you test for and how often (daily, weekly, monthly, never)?

Heck, if you don’t test (outside of salinity) at all, feel free to tell me your logic.

36DBCF01-05E3-4349-93D9-6B9D19E84F8A.jpeg 88B00D43-311F-4A89-84BE-373462472AAD.jpeg
Salinity is monitored by the Profilux.
Alk is tested 6 times a day by a kH keeper, which adjusts dosing to keep Alk +/- 0.2.

Nitrate HR and Phosphate ULR by Haana Checker weekly.

Water change 10% every 2months.
ICP every 6 months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new