What do you think of the new Chat feature?

Should we keep the chat feature?

• Keep it

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Scrap it

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, we're currently experimenting with a new chat feature and I was wondering what everyone thought? Rev has hinted at possibly bringing in a pro for a question/answer sesssion, so what say ye? Keep it or scrap it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it, definitely, as it's a very useful addition to our forum! However, make the buttons less intrusive and figure out a way to keep them closed, if a member closes them...lol. I close the chat button, and as soon as I navigate to anywhere on the thread, the button appears again.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who voted to Scrap it??!! Make yourself known!! J/K, I suppose all are allowed their opinions, even if they're wrong! lol. J/K...again...maybe...

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel dumb for asking, but what chat feature?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bottom right hand corner!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added a poll option hope you don't mind. :)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. I started messaging as soon as I logged on this morning :) Makes the PM a thing of the past...but with instant replies :)

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. I started messaging as soon as I logged on this morning :) Makes the PM a thing of the past...but with instant replies :)

Just keep in mind, while you do have an Instant Message option, if it's said, IN the chat room, it's public... Even if there's only 2 people in the chat room, and you say something, if someone else enters the chat, they can scroll up and see it.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was an actual all the group chat, whoops! :D

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrobes, it is. Currently, there are 11 people in chat. However, there is also a feature to allow IM or Private Chat, with individuals.

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted not sure yet since I think chat is a valuable service and it was good to be able to read what people were talking about last night when I found it this morning. I am severely annoyed by a new bar at the bottom of my screen that tells me how many people are in the lounge topics only and regular chat. I want to read what I have asked the site to put on my screen without any extra bars flashing how many people are participating in another feature.

If there is a way to remove this bar covering whatever is at the bottom of the screen (I hate pop ups covering what I am trying to read on news sites etc.) then all is good. If I choose to click a button and observe the chat feature then it is fine with me to have the bar telling me how many people are on and off the chat since that is what I am looking at. If I am trying to read a thread it is very distracting to have that bar on my screen. It is kind of like having a commercial there trying to draw me away from what I have chosen to read.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steamer, this got to me too, at first, until I was shown now to control it. If you open the ## People Here button, and go to the Gear Icon, you have an option to turn off the chat. A "power button" will still appear, in the lower right, which allows you to turn chat back on. This power button is not intrusive at all though. Hope this helps!

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't voted yet. Still trying to figure it out. I guess I'm just too old to understand this new fangled kind of stuff! lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is still a trial run for the next couple days. If posting and new threads stay up and active we will leave it for a little longer. If not we may have to remove it and use only for special events.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back