What do you think of the new Chat feature?

Should we keep the chat feature?

• Keep it

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Scrap it

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the idea, a lot, I don't care for this particular implementation of it though personally. But that is fine I can turn it off :) Thanks for bringing another communication tool to the site!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, we've noticed that there's A LOT of discussion going on, in chat, regarding sales. Even if there are no moderators, in the chat room, we are still able to see what's been said. Sales, taking place in the chat room, will be the quickest way to lose the chat feature. Please respect this rule and do not sell in the chat room.

Another thing we've noticed is a lot of reef discussion going on, in chat. While chat is designated as "Lounge Topics Only," we are aware that it's difficult to expect a bunch of reef nerds to not talk about reef stuff. However, if the chat room seems to reduce forum participation, the chat room will need to be closed. Chat is a great feature to have, on any forum. However, it's meant to be an addition to the forum. It's not meant to detract from the forum, or replace forum participation.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chat will be turned off while we evaluate it further. Thank you.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.6%
Back