What do you think this is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dburr1014
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
12,637
Reaction score
11,589
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a few aptasia pop up again.
As I was hunting before I killed all I saw, I came across this little guy. Sorry for the pic, I did the best I could. It's under a rock at the bottom of the tank. Mostly shaded. At first glance I thought aptasia. But I don't think so. It looks like maybe a green yuma baby that I have. Being under a rock and so small would explain why it's virtually colorless. Or it could be a frogspawn or hammer head that maybe detached. Not sure.
Could be something else I have never seen.

Thoughts? Kill or not to kill, that is the question.
Screenshot_20190327-153030_Gallery.jpeg
 
Most likely a Ball Anemone. Google that and check out the pics, and see if one of them looks like it.
I have a few in my system, they tend to stay on the under side of rocks, and never bothered anything.
If one were to move somewhere I didn't want it, I would kill it with Kalk Paste - or F-Aiptasia.
 
Most likely a Ball Anemone. Google that and check out the pics, and see if one of them looks like it.
I have a few in my system, they tend to stay on the under side of rocks, and never bothered anything.
If one were to move somewhere I didn't want it, I would kill it with Kalk Paste - or F-Aiptasia.
It does look like some of the pics. I will keep an eye on it and see if it changes at all.
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new