What do you think? (Water Testing)

BeccasSaltH2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! This is post water change. What do you all think about these levels. I added an air stone in the sump in hopes to increase the pH. Do you have any suggestions for me? ☺️ This tank was an established tank for 3 years that the owner let go and some clowns died in it. I have been cycling for two weeks and I used their water.
IMG_6587.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

A picture of the tank would be more helpful than a photo of a post water change API test cluster.
Add to that, did you reuse the old rock from the established tank, without harsh treatments or is it viable and established old tank rock? If it is the latter, you probably are good to go. :cool:

OP
OP
B

BeccasSaltH2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

A picture of the tank would be more helpful than a photo of a post water change API test cluster.
Add to that, did you reuse the old rock from the established tank, without harsh treatments or is it viable and established old tank rock? If it is the latter, you probably are good to go. :cool:
IMG_6598.jpeg

It is rock from the previous tank!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t measure very often for my fish tank.

Reef tank I use Hanna for alkalinity, and Phosphorus(ULR) more often, and Red Sea for Magnesium, Hanna for pH, Calcium occasionally.

I don’t try to adjust pH, just check it to see it’s not 6.4 like my calcium reactor.

Calcium I got as a gift and I use it like pH just to verify that it’s not out of whack high or low, every 6 months or so.

Magnesium check about as often as Calcium, it’s not disappearing very quickly.

Never test Ammonia, have a nitrite/nitrate test and it reliably tests as present in very low concentrations, ~2.0 ppm ish. (I might dose NO3 some day but haven’t tried that yet.) The tank eats Nitrogen and I don’t have to use water changes for that parameter.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back