What do you use for dosing?

I dose kalkwasser and AFR. Usually 1000ml kalkwasser in the morning 60+ ml AFR through out the day may add more kalk for a ph boost
 
Because when I don't I notice the development of nuisance algae.
I was just curious. I dosed it or Microbactor Clean during my ugly stage, and I thought it made a difference. Even though people on here said I was crazy lol
 
I was just curious. I dosed it or Microbactor Clean during my ugly stage, and I thought it made a difference. Even though people on here said I was crazy lol
My Pico never went through an ugly stage. My IM 14 gallon tank started to go through a significant ugly stage until I started Microbactor7.
I have literally been using it for decades. Meh to people thinking I am crazy. :)
 
All for Reef from dry mix. Dosing 27ml daily spread over 24 hours. Nothing else at this time.
 
15 gallon IM cube - soft and lps coral
~5 ml AFR daily manual
~1 cap of MarineSnow 2x per week manual
 
Last edited:
69g tank and 20g sump. Dose afr 30mL every morning. Yesterday i started dosing fully saturated kalk (from a separate ato) on my dosing pump. It’s set currently to dose 75 mL, 9 times a day for a total of 675 mL. I’m starting very low so as to not upset my alk/ph levels. I’m sure i’ll bump it up to 100+ mL as soon as i know it’s not making much impact.

My reasoning is that by using both, I want the free ph boost and of course supplementary alk since afr is not cheap to dose. Even a .3 boost on alk from kalk will be worth it. I figure i’ll use slightly less afr and eventually take the co2 scrubber offline. Basement tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new