What do YOU want to know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter melypr1985
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Did @Paul B put something like this together once, or am I selectively mis-remembering?
 
Catching back up on this thread. Someone asked about Gram staining? I have a protocol but it's on my computer at work and the college is closed today due to weather. If you're serious DM me and I'll send it to you tomorrow. Or use Dr. Google. There are even videos of how to do it.

There are two tricky things about Gram staining - the first is it's messy and will stain your clothes, skin, countertop and sink (depending on the material).

The second trick part is interpretation. It takes practice and isn't always as straightforward as images on the internet would have you believe. Plus not all bacteria show a clear result. Oh, and you'll often get a mix of bacteria and it may not be obvious which one (if any) caused the problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new