What does everyone use to light their 72" tank?

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I contacted Current USA about this setup and they told me the light has a manifold, display unit, and power supply. Then they said the pumps have their own manifold, display unit and can be powered by the lights manifold. Then they said the DC return pump is basically separate from everything else, control-wise, and it has its own manifold and power supply.

So I guess I got someone who didn't know the products. I know you can plug 2 pumps into the light manifold and a third that is a constant flow. So if you have 3 powerheads, where does the return pump plug in? Or would you have to use 2 powerheads and the return?

You're actually the only person that I know of that is using the whole system. So if possible, could you explain it a little better because you seem to know more about it than Current USA does.
They do all come with their own hub in case you only have The one unit. You can only plug 3 pumps into the one light hub but one of those absolutely can be the dc flow pump, it goes into the third plug because it doesnt change its flow like the wave pumps can. The Current guy at RAP told me if i got another smaller light like for the fuge i could plug more pumps into that and they would all run together. And you are correct, the third plug runs constant, no wave action, but it will shut down to 30% for feeding and you can shut it off completely with the remote. The 30% is just when you have it in feed mode. And you can program it any way you like or use their pre-programmed actions and it will be a clear day then suddenly get cloudy, then stormy etc. We don't have ours up and running yet but the directions in the package show how the DC flow pump plugs into the light hub and everything. That's why the third plug is a constant flow. Hope this helps you.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3x Hamilton cebu reflectors with 250w 20k radiums and a 72" reefbrite xho blue strip

20170305_021737.jpg

jkapit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running my Hamilton 3x250 Watt MH with 20000k bulbs and 320 watts VHO actinic lights.

At some point I'll change over to LED, 3 Radion G4 Pro, but can't justify it yet. My tank looks great and with a basement sump I have no heat problem from the MHs.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 7' tank with the 6' Hamilton Cebu sun and it is more than enough for my tank. I actually only run the 250 MH most of the time. I would think the 4' would cover a 6' tank or you could go with the 6'. Very nice fixture.

Angel53

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a60 inch ATI Powermodule, 4 x 75 watts LEDs and 8 x 80 watts T5s 8 inches over my 72 inch 125 gallon and love it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back