What does it mean when acan stretches upwards?

Stelioshah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past week my acan has been stretching upwards instead of outwards as it used to do. Because of that it gets hit by the flow on the side making it look like in the picture below. The second picture shows what it used to stretch like. Does it mean anything? It has been on the same spot for 10 months. The side of the polyp is visible like that for over a week. I increased the light intensity a bit but that would probably make in shrink not stretch. I have already lowered the flow but that's not a long term solution.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve had it for 10 months with zero growth? Something is off in your water quality.

OP
OP
S

Stelioshah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a no phosphate issue for a long time. For the past month I have been dosing phosphates and started getting growth everywhere. New heads on zoas, platygyra growing, stylo growing but last week for some reason thia happened. I know that my params now are okay now, I have gone through this already. This behaviour started when i increased the whites from 35% to 55%. Even though I reverted back it didn't seem to stop. That's why I asked if it means anything. If you need specifics, phosphates read 0 on the ULR but I am dosing daily helping with the consumption. Nitrates 10-15ppm, alk 9dkh.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back