What does maintenance day look like?

lsaint88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK if any one has asked this. What do you guys clean your PH and pumps? I have a good amount of Coralline on my MP-10's and I dont think they make the stuff I was using.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK if any one has asked this. What do you guys clean your PH and pumps? I have a good amount of Coralline on my MP-10's and I dont think they make the stuff I was using.
I buy the big jug of white vinegar and cut it about 50/50 with water and it works like a charm. If I'm in a hurry, I just go with straight vinegar and stuff is usually coralline free in an hour or 2.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like most people have the same/similar routine and probably not much different than those 'non sps' tanks.

Sunday is my designated day for water changes, try for every Sunday but sometimes I miss a week.
BB so I blow detritus off the rocks and try to blow the stuff under the rocks into the already accumulated piles in low flow areas
Change 15g water
Clean skimmer
Replace filter sock
Test Alk and Calc

No set day to clean ATO bucket and whenever it starts to look dingy i'll rinse it out, glass cleaning every other to 3rd day. I do a once over pretty much everyday to make sure everything looks good and 2 part isn't going to run out.

Every few months soak power heads in 50/50 vinegar and water.

Folks seem to want to make it harder than it needs to be, keep things stable and simple and you'll do just fine.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, where is all the "expert" I really thought this thread would have taken off with more succesful sps keepers wanting to share how they maintain success.
The experts were buried under busy schedule maintenance their fancy equipment :p /joke!
Most successful reefers don't often visit forum LOL since they are not looking for solutions to solve problems like we are having or dealing in our tank.
TBH, I myself stopped visiting freshwater forums since I'm not facing any problems with freshwater species for many years, share knowledge you would say but It's more often will cause a debate of how other folks keeping their tank, live stock healthy then compare to my method then start reasoning with me...I have enough headache as work already! So thanks but no thanks LOL

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back