What does the follow button do?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there're a couple of members that have put in a number of quality posts, or post often enough with questions I have the answers for. I've hit the "Follow" button on their accounts. But...what does it do? It doesn't seem to notify me of when/where they post, which was what I expected to happen. Is it more of a "This person just started a thread" function? Or is it just a way to boost people's egos?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there're a couple of members that have put in a number of quality posts, or post often enough with questions I have the answers for. I've hit the "Follow" button on their accounts. But...what does it do? It doesn't seem to notify me of when/where they post, which was what I expected to happen. Is it more of a "This person just started a thread" function? Or is it just a way to boost people's egos?

I used to used the function to see which of my friends were on Reef 2 Reef, and visa versa, but somehow??? hovering over their avatars quit working.

They're kept under Accounts / Following

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If you click on your avatar on the header and then select "news feed" you will see latests posts from those people that you follow.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There are some that offer great items or advice on the forum, and by following, you get the latest posts from them as Peace River also indicated

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back