What does the Kessil Color Wheel actually change?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From the Kessil marketing this is what I originally believed. However, my data above suggest they do pull power from the other channels, so I would assume that "Kessil logic" is just maintaining a blue spectrum ratio, but reducing the intensity when other colours are added.

Sounds like this would be a great question for ask BRSTV.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel like they have moved on from the AP700. The new kessil double light is on its way :/

I feel you can apply the same logic from the 360x, but you don't have the control of the violet option, the rest is pretty much the same. When I was running my 700's with just one 360x, I could tell the difference with not having control of the violet, but the rest was spot on color-wise. I can tell you that making the switch from the 700's to the 360x's was a step in the right direction. Better spread and more even intensity, whereas the 700 had some noticeable hot spots. The back of my tank was a little dim, but now that has changed for the better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back