What Does Your Purple Firefish Like To Eat?

reeftankdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all

fire fish.PNG

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Literally anything… I have both purple and red Firefish and they’re not picky. They do prefer smaller foods though since they have small mouths. Mysis shrimp is usually a safe bet with any fish and Spirulina brine shrimp, LRS Nano Frenzy, PE Mysis flakes, New Life Spectrum pellets, etc.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything small that stays in the water column. I know that firefish are a standard in the hobby, but I don't actually think they are the best due to their general requirement that food is floating past them. They don't pick at the live rock all that much. In my tank, all fish but my firefish would do just fine if I left for a week and they had to chow down on what they could find on the live rock. Although they are generally hardy, the fact that they need to eat from the water column at least once a day makes them my most high maintenance fish.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anything but loves to just hide in his hole never active wish I could catch him
My purple Firefish hides all the time unless I there is good around. He’s decided to pair up with my Fire Shrimp who also never comes out unless there’s food. I wonder if it has something to do with being a single fish vs a pair? My pair of red Firefish are much more active & out but obviously still a bit skittish. It just seems they’re more confident in a pair.

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple Firefish hides all the time unless I there is good around. He’s decided to pair up with my Fire Shrimp who also never comes out unless there’s food. I wonder if it has something to do with being a single fish vs a pair? My pair of red Firefish are much more active & out but obviously still a bit skittish. It just seems they’re more confident in a pair.
Idk all I know is mine is beautiful but sucks he only comes out for food like I said I wish I could catch him bc he’s just useless….I do wonder if I bought another one will he come out more ? I really would love a active one but it seems they are so shy

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hahahah

SomeOne or some Fish?

Inquiring minds must know..
Some FISH… haha, should have been way more specific. Although, this did make me think of a podcast where an Astronaut was talking about living under the ocean for a few weeks in these pods & bathroom breaks required you to swim to another small pod. Going to the bathroom sounded terrifying but to add to that, the fish figured out that when they saw a person there, “food” was coming. Gross but the story was kind of hilarious.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some FISH… haha, should have been way more specific. Although, this did make me think of a podcast where an Astronaut was talking about living under the ocean for a few weeks in these pods & bathroom breaks required you to swim to another small pod. Going to the bathroom sounded terrifying but to add to that, the fish figured out that when they saw a person there, “food” was coming. Gross but the story was kind of hilarious.
I'VE READ THAT!!!

they were talking about having to use the PooPod in the middle of the night..... Nah.... I'm good.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple will eat anything. He stays out close to his cave house most of the day. Will dart inside if he perceives a threat though.

Attachments

• 20211125_144003.jpg
    20211125_144003.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 33

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back