What does your reefing dream look like?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious to hear what everyone else’s goals are. Currently I have a nano mixed reef and a high tech planted freshwater tank. My work area is getting crowded, and next year I’d like to have a room for all my hobbies.

Eventually I want my main tank to be a peninsula. I would also have a seahorse tank, macroalgae lagoon, betta fish tank, and a pond/river tank. Other dreams (but more impractical) would be a predator tank and an XL tank for a puffer fish.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im living my sps dream.
I could go for a 72x36x22 peninsula though.
20211127_153746.jpg

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my reefing dream, 4 months since filling up my new 180g with water and now that all the fish I wanted are stocked its time to add alot of different corals and watch em fill in the tank.

I love the diverse group of fish you have!

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the diverse group of fish you have!
Ya thanks, I have all my favorite fish in there thus the mixture of all the different fish. Only fish missing is 1 or a pair of Crosshatch Triggers but they are now nearly impossible to get.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my dream is for a company to invent a device that I can just put in the water and it will tell me all my water parameters, and in my dream it cost less than $250. For me, testing parameters is the the most boring and frustrating part of this hobby.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream is two tanks. A smaller SPS (2-3ft) tank with a 5ft+ tank with mainly soft corals that is more focused on fish.
I think that’s a perfect idea! You can also have some fish that are reef safe with caution too in the 5ft+. Since it seems most tend to nip at sps rather than softies

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sizable tank (50 gallons or bigger, under 125 though) that I have the tools and knowledge to keep looking great with as minimal effort as possible thanks to the knowledge and tools. This would include a RODI system hard lined into the plumbing that fills a container for me, so mixing salt is easier on the fly.

For tank itself plenty of corals and some beautiful fish. A pair of clowns in an anemone, some banggais, maybe a few PJs, and plenty of snails and an urchin. Dragonet if I have a refugium.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sizable tank (50 gallons or bigger, under 125 though) that I have the tools and knowledge to keep looking great with as minimal effort as possible thanks to the knowledge and tools. This would include a RODI system hard lined into the plumbing that fills a container for me, so mixing salt is easier on the fly.

For tank itself plenty of corals and some beautiful fish. A pair of clowns in an anemone, some banggais, maybe a few PJs, and plenty of snails and an urchin. Dragonet if I have a refugium.
I 100% agree on the hard plumbing for RODI! I’m in an apartment for the next few years, and running the RODI can be tricky. Especially since I get 550 TDS from city water here

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree on the hard plumbing for RODI! I’m in an apartment for the next few years, and running the RODI can be tricky. Especially since I get 550 TDS from city water here

That is how our water is, almost 400ish! Right now it's hook RODI water up, fill a bucket, go upstairs, and go from there. Rather just grab an already filled bucket and mix.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back