What dosing pumps would you recommend?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success with my Jebao dp-4. Easy to use and program. Not too expensive either. I have since ditched that since buying an Apex. If you have an Apex then Dos is the way to go. Super easy to use and very accurate

walloutlet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have an APEX, next best is the Ecotech Versa pumps.

I also run a BRS pump and a Kaomer BT, not as accurate but definitely get the job done on the cheap.

PS... I’ve found in this hobby accuracy is a relative term. I don’t dose anything into my tank that would cause a problem if it was off by 0.5ml

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success with my Jebao dp-4. Easy to use and program. Not too expensive either. I have since ditched that since buying an Apex. If you have an Apex then Dos is the way to go. Super easy to use and very accurate
Yeah how do ya use the jabao program does it link to your phone?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doesn’t link to phone but super easy to program. There is a good video online that shows exactly how to program.

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats what ive been looking at mate the dp3 just looking into how to program them now

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have an APEX, next best is the Ecotech Versa pumps.

I also run a BRS pump and a Kaomer BT, not as accurate but definitely get the job done on the cheap.

PS... I’ve found in this hobby accuracy is a relative term. I don’t dose anything into my tank that would cause a problem if it was off by 0.5ml
Ayr looked at versa they look good like. Seems abit overkill with all the testing and calibration on apex to me

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ayr looked at versa they look good like. Seems abit overkill with all the testing and calibration on apex to me
Some dosing doesn't need to be accurate, just repeatable. I dose triton on 4 apex controlled brs pumps. Target 8 dkh, so adjust the timers a little if off. I fill the dosing containers to the same level and make sure they empty at the same rate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back