What Elements Do You Prefer in an SPS Dom. Tank??

HawaiianReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
698
Reaction score
674
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is probably one of the most subjective, diverse and controversial subject in reefing, but I am curious as to what you guys prefer when it comes to caring for your SPS animals.
Please include those that you stay away from and why.
 
I dont get your question? what elements do I avoid adding to an SPS tank? Copper? Uranium? Arsenic?
 
  • Output from CaRx using natural coral as a media - this introduces major elements and traces that the corals used when they grew in the wild.
  • Water changes for the rest.
  • Feed the fish - I believe that ammonia is the most important thing that corals can/do eat to get nitrogen.
  • Most importantly, high quality light from 350-850nm to feed the zoox which feed the corals.

I do not use any aminos, supplements or anything else.
 
I dont get your question? what elements do I avoid adding to an SPS tank? Copper? Uranium? Arsenic?
Sorry, I was referring to specific brands if anyone has had negative results.
 
Sorry, I was referring to specific brands if anyone has had negative results.

Gotcha, as far as two part/three part goes, I either made my own using randy's recipe, or bought b-ionic- as far as balling method supplements go, Bionic is pretty hard to beat.

My preference for mineral replacement is by using a calcium reactor with 90%Reborn and 10% dolomite from Aquamedic.

Other additives I have used with positive results and will continue to use are Combi-San, lugols and KZ amino acids.
 
You are going to find some people that have had issues with everything. That being said, you don't need any certain thing and generally a variety of stuff will work in most situations.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new