What fish are on your bucket list?

megisawesome06

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still new to the hobby, but I'm already compiling a list of my dream fish.

So far I have a Lineatus and Flame Wrasse on the list. I also want a Mandarin. I also want a ghost eel and some rays and sharks. And sea horses and a porcupine pufferfish. Maybe some parrotfish. And the obligatory powder blue and Achilles tangs. Obviously not all in the same tank.

What are your dream fish?! [emoji38]
 
Bucket list...green mandarin. I'll have one when I can start another tank. My wrasse won't let my present tank support one.

Dream list .....Genicanthus personatus.
 
A pair of Scribbled Angels. Not ridiculously expensive but one of my all time favorites.

There are several dwarf angels from Vanuatu that I'd love to get as well.
 
Halichoeres chlorocephalus.
 
Centropyge boylei, The Peppermint Angle Fish. $30,000 is last price I heard ,and almost never seen even at that.
I have hope that one of you breeders will see this fish as a commercial interest and price will drop. When I started with aquariums NOBODY ever kept Acropora in home tanks. Now look how far things have come
 
Centropyge boylei, The Peppermint Angle Fish. $30,000 is last price I heard ,and almost never seen even at that.
I have hope that one of you breeders will see this fish as a commercial interest and price will drop. When I started with aquariums NOBODY ever kept Acropora in home tanks. Now look how far things have come
I was fortunate enough to see this in person, definitely a beauty.
ac6a12b634e701e69189dc25250c3f1e.jpg
 
I was fortunate enough to see this in person, definitely a beauty.
ac6a12b634e701e69189dc25250c3f1e.jpg
Waikiki Aquarium? Or some where else?
Nice picture.
I have actually talked by phone with both Chip Boyle ( collector from Roratonga fish is named after and Pyle from Waikiki Aquarium ) about fish.
I got the impression that they are not much different care wise than most dwarf Angels. It has been said they they come from 300 feet down. I believe that might not be 100% true. A small fish like that can be very cryptic. Personally I think they might come into shallower water sometimes , but just stay under coral rubble. I dove with an experienced diver in Hawaii and told him I wanted to see a Flame Angel. We found one , but it gave me a whole different perspective about how well these fish can hide.
 
I did some research on all the fish listed thus far. Wow.

I also saw a fish that costs like $400,000!!!! I can safely say that one won't be making it's way to my tank. [emoji47]
 
I got the impression that they are not much different care wise than most dwarf Angels.
Collective experience in private collections have proved otherwise. Most have really struggled to get them to eat, and all but a couple in private collections quickly perished from the last batch (a dozen or so).
 
Once I do an upgrade, I would love a Harlequin Tusk( the more vibrant Australian kind) Ultimately I'd love to have a blue spot jaw fish, but have decided that with their high mortality in the home reef that it's not a wise choice.
 
Oooh! Cool!

I've also added a yellow goatfish to my list. It's not rare or expensive, but it's face makes me laugh.
 
I'm also adding triggerfish to my list. Picasso is my top pick, but I'm sure I'd like all of em.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new