What fish cannot go together in a tank with a clam ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ankloss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ankloss

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all of you,
I like to get a clamp from my local store, there tell my if I have a angelfish ( with I have and a green perot) can not go together in the same tank.
Is this so ?

By the way, sand and rock coming soon.


Best regards
Andreas
1543906517354.jpeg
1543906548241.jpeg
 
Most of the time angle fish nip at polyps and corals they aren’t really considered reef safe. This is what I’ve been told from many lfs. If that were the case I would guess that it would try and eat the clam. I would trust your lfs. They are just trying to look out for the best. If they wanted to make money then they would have told you it would be fine and to buy it
 
Can you post a picture of the angelfish. Kept clams for many years with dwarf Angel's, specifically flame, potters and coral beauty. There is always a risk with many types of fish.
 
Can you post a picture of the angelfish. Kept clams for many years with dwarf Angel's, specifically flame, potters and coral beauty. There is always a risk with many types of fish.

1543906517354.jpeg
1543906548241.jpeg
 
Most parrots will eat anything fleshy that they can find. Quoyi are different and are usually reef safe. What kind of parrot is that?
Green parrot
 
Okay many thanks to all for our answer.
 
Your fish will eat a clam.
 
I have 3 clams along with an angel fish he/she has never touched them. If they do they are out of the tank.
 
I believe its called emperor angel. Bottom left of the tank sorry im not home to take a picture my wife sent it to me. Yes that Aptasia is an eyesore I will be doing a rockscape next month and will lose it lol.
47682334_1991597644261669_4725166802508709888_n.jpg
 
I am no expert by any means, I have had the 3 clams for about 6 months the emperor only about 1 month. Maybe I am lucky and it hasnt tried to eat them yet who knows.
 
Anyone on here think a zebra eel would mess with one? Been thinking of getting one
 
Zebra eel is one of the most docile fish that I have ever owned. There are photos out there of shrimp hanging out in their mouths and stuff. They are clumsy and larger, but other than that, the mean no harm to anything other than some fiddler crabs or dead squid and shrimp.
 
Zebra eel is one of the most docile fish that I have ever owned. There are photos out there of shrimp hanging out in their mouths and stuff. They are clumsy and larger, but other than that, the mean no harm to anything other than some fiddler crabs or dead squid and shrimp.
I just feed mine primary fresh water clams and he went after my emerald crab, so I just want to make sure he doesn't go for it, I'll try a cheaper clam to start
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new