What fish for this tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hunter123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hunter123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
25
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m cycling my 22g long 36x12x12 rimless tank. I have tidal 55 HOB filter and Hygger mini wave maker (1600gph) and a Glowrium led lights. I would like to have at least 3 damselfish ( 2 yellowtail and 1 azure) I would like to have two more small fish, what would you recommend? there will be some cleaning crew as well and soft corals: thanks

IMG_2315.jpeg
 
Personally I don't think you should add other fish with damsels, not in that size of tank. They are very territorial and aggressive, and a damsel can claim the space of a 20 gallon for itself. So 3 in a 20 IMO will not tolerate others very easily. just my opinion
 
Personally I don't think you should add other fish with damsels, not in that size of tank. They are very territorial and aggressive, and a damsel can claim the space of a 20 gallon for itself. So 3 in a 20 IMO will not tolerate others very easily. just my opinion
What passive fish you think would work?
 
Last edited:
What passive fish you think would work?
IMO most blennies, gobies, some basslets, and some cardinals are the general choices for peaceful community nano tanks. Within these 4 groups there are possibly hundreds of different selections.
 
I put a yellowtail damsel in a 20 gallon and it chased my clowns, my dragon goby, and my chalk basslet nonstop. I had to take him out. I have read much better things about the azures, I would look for threads with people who have had azures in small tanks and learn from their experience. There are so many different options for smaller fish just make sure to look up experiences on other threads
 
I have a 20 gallon tank (30 x 12 x 12) with the following fish along with the date they were added to the display (YYYY-MM-DD format):
* 2 clown fish (2023-02-01)
* 1 yellow watchman goby (2023-05-19)
* 1 springer damsel (2023-06-17)
* 1 royal gramma (2024-03-26)

I have had no problems with aggression with this setup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new