What fish has a special place in your heart?

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stippled clingfish (Gobiesox punctulatus) is by far the most personable fish I own. It normally assumes a drab, muddy-brown coloration and hides behind my overflow, staying completely still. However, when it notices me, it darts out, flares its white facial markings, and starts wagging its tail like a dog to grab my attention. During feeding time, it will attach itself to my hand and take pellets, frozen food, live food... basically anything I throw at it that isn't flake food and allow me to pet its back. It will even cling to my hands during tank maintenance when my other fish normally dart into my rockwork and macroalgae to hide from me. This complete lack of caution made it very easy for me to simply pluck it out of my quarantine tank (as seen in the pictures below) in preparation for acclimation to my main tank:
IMG_4756.JPG

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few favorites...

Although I only had him for a couple weeks, my Copperband Butterfly stole my heart... He was so beautiful and active. After the first couple days he learned that I was the food dispenser and would follow me across the tank hoping for a treat.

IMG_0239.jpg

Next would be my Yellow Tang. I got him as a tiny baby from Biota when I started my tank a couple years ago. He has grown from the size of a 50 cents piece to about 4-5 inches across...

IMG_0184-3.jpg

After that would have to my Humuhumu trigger. Just a really cool looking fish and so much fun to watch... Unfortunately he is camera shy so I dont have a decent picture of him to share...

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my naoko now recognizes what the frozen food container looks like. Yesterday, I filled it up and put some tank water to defrost and left it on top of the lid. He managed to jump through a 2 inch feeding hole to try to get into the container. He flopped around a little bit and fell back into the tank....

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have that one fish we just love, maybe it was our very first fish we got, maybe it is just one of the most vibrant fish in our tank, or maybe it is a fish we don't have but still love. I am wondering what is that one fish that has a special place in your heart. Curious to see what everyone says!
Max, my HLLE purple tang rescue. she sat at my LFS over 6 months (even when priced under 100 bucks) cause she had HLLE. So when I lost my beautiful purple Nix in an electrical issue I took her home. Shes my Mad Max and has a special place in my heart because shes different from everyone else but every bit as beautiful :)

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 30

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We all have that one fish we just love, maybe it was our very first fish we got, maybe it is just one of the most vibrant fish in our tank, or maybe it is a fish we don't have but still love. I am wondering what is that one fish that has a special place in your heart. Curious to see what everyone says!
For me it’s Monkfish. Nobu makes an incredible Monkfish pate.

0ttr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's fish I have now, fish I aspire to, and fish I've had so...
Currently I have a pair of engineer gobies acquired cheap, raised from young, and approaching adult size that are just great to watch and full of personality. I really like them.

At one point I had a crown jewel fish--a clown trigger, and it was thriving and growing and was in a healthy tank. It was the best fish I'd ever owned and lasted a long time but was one of a couple times I've lost a fish where I could not explain the loss. It had a healthy appetite, never detected a water parameter problem, just lost the fish.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back