What fish has a special place in your heart?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have that one fish we just love, maybe it was our very first fish we got, maybe it is just one of the most vibrant fish in our tank, or maybe it is a fish we don't have but still love. I am wondering what is that one fish that has a special place in your heart. Curious to see what everyone says!

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my naoko wrasse, he is super flamboyant and always flashing around the tank. He also eats out of my hands and is super smart. He knows how to get into and out of the shroom box to get a all you can eat pod feast

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spending a lot of time and effort getting a copperband butterfly to eat well I have to say he is my favorite fish and now I can’t imagine not having one.
When I feed the tank now he comes over and sticks the tip of his snout out of the water waiting for food.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Holo Holo Angel, it was sent to me from my best man in my wedding on my 25th anniversary. It was a couple years before Hawaii closed down.
IMG_5112.jpeg

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bunch these are a few:
Midas blenny, first of my fish i got to hand feed and will poke its head out of the water at feeding time, always swimming and perching in funny ways. Lots of personality.
eel, fun to feed, comes out when he sees me (only at night) really cool fish
my flame angle, its the fish that made me want to have a saltwater tank, I was going to have a freshwater tank if I didn’t come across a flame angle while looking for tanks.
cardinal fish, my first fish, first I got to breed I have the fry growing up right now.
And last the diamondback sand sifting goby, swims around the tank with a “sand hat” build burrows and tries to steal the eels food.

Low Tech Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spending a lot of time and effort getting a copperband butterfly to eat well I have to say he is my favorite fish and now I can’t imagine not having one.
When I feed the tank now he comes over and sticks the tip of his snout out of the water waiting for food.
Mine does that too. And then eats out of my hand. Such cool fish. This one I've had for 6 years now.

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a couple. Blood orange clownfish are pretty cool and I’m convinced you can’t have a reef tank without some species of clown in it. 2nd one is the Powder Brown Tang. 3rd one is a fish I haven’t mustered up the courage to get. A Copperband Butterfly! I really want one someday

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must second this! I got lucky and found one that ate right away and was able to keep him alone for a bit. He is now the boss of my tank and is fearless.

AdamC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My three favorites tied for first place have to be the CopperBand, Orange Spotted Filefish and Crosshatch Triggerfish. Just way to many cool fish in this hobby.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back