What gear are you running on your EB832

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what equipment are you running on your EB832(s)? Setting up a new tank and this will be my first "controlled" setup. Any must, any must nots etc?

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only items I want to control with the Apex are plugged into the EB832. In this case, my return pump and Inkbird heater controller. If/when I add a skimmer, that will get connected to the EB832 so that feed mode turns off the return pump, heater, and skimmer. Everything else plugs into a standard power strip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the reply. It seems a lot are using the inkbird controllers. Why not just use the apex to control the heaters?

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I connect all my equipment to EB832. Light, return, heaters, wavemakers, dosing pumps, ATO.

I would consider only return pump and heater as essential equipment to be on EB832. Everything else is just for convenience.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the reply. It seems a lot are using the inkbird controllers. Why not just use the apex to control the heaters?
I use a BRS titanium heater which does not have a thermostat, so I rely on the Inkbird to keep it at the appropriate temp. I then use the Apex temp probe as a failsafe to keep the Inkbird in check. On my other tank (connected to same Apex) I run a similar setup, but there I use an Eheim Jager heater which has it's own thermostat, connected again to an Inkbird, connected to the EB832. It's all about the redundancy in temp probes to prevent the heater from nuking the tank. If a heater fails or runs too high, I get alerts. I also run the temps in Celsius as that provides more granular control in the devices.

Replacing an Inkbird is cheaper than replacing an EB832. Thinking of how many times the relays cycle, I think it's a better solution.

OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. I bought an Inkbird from another member. Wasn't told it was a heat and cooling model. I'm running 2x 300 watt brs heaters so figured it wouldn't work since one outlet is for cooling. Sounds like I need to get one on order. Thx

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back