what got you hooked???

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My two tanks that keep me entertained

well like it says what got you hooked on this hobby and kept you around for years. Or for some stopped and came back. The fish the coral, the chemistry, the aesthetics, ect....

Me personally I’ve always loved coral colors and movement never pulled the trigger on getting the tank till last year. At first didn’t know the amount of work I was getting my self into. But end of the day love coming home to relax and watch everything. To me the aesthetics of the tank are the best and when me and the wife have guest over they are in front of the tank enjoying it just like I do. But without the work. Also the amount of hobbyists there are so much to lean from I enjoy talking and meeting up with local groups who enjoy it as much as I do.
What are yalls interest in this hobby

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love the challange of caring for a complex ecosystem. And I really enjoy watching my corals grow. It's gotten to the point where I'm able to notice the growth almost daily :)

marinesnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Similar to the above post, it’s the challenge and direct results of my husbandry that keeps me hooked.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was still active duty military I was suffering from pretty severe anxiety and depression with what felt like nobody understanding anything about it and the only answer being a lot of medication. I remembered enjoying freshwater aquariums when I was younger and decided to give myself a challenge with saltwater. It gave me something that I could completely control, something I had to focus on every day to remain successful. Medication free, depression free and anxiety free for a couple years now and I have a hobby that I love more than anything. I'm hooked and plan to be for a long time

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back