What happened..... 2 days from spots on him to covered in mucus and dead.

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw some tiny bright white spots then 2 days covered in mucus and dead quick I've never seen a clown die that fast.

20231105_130622.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It could have been brooklynella or velvet. I would wonder - do you have any other fish in the tank that could have been exposed?

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could have been brooklynella or velvet. I would wonder - do you have any other fish in the tank that could have been exposed?
I have another clown and a yasha goby with a pistol shrimp

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another clown and a yasha goby
Had you quarantined them previously?
Everything was quarantined idk what to do I don't wanna lose my yasha or other clown at this point some people telling me to tear down start over ....... due to possible velvet .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Saw some tiny bright white spots then 2 days covered in mucus and dead quick I've never seen a clown die that fast.

20231105_130622.jpg
Looks like brooklynella. Some signs you would have seen are loss of color, lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So what do you advice just see what happens to the other clown and goby if they go just tear down dry out and start over?
Please provide video but also prepare to set up A quarantine tank - likely will be needed

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you advice just see what happens to the other clown and goby if they go just tear down dry out and start over?

If it is Brooklynella, it may spread to the other clown, but maybe not the goby. You don't need to tear the tank down. Brooklynella has a direct life cycle and if the fish die, you can leave the tank running with just invertebrates in it for 45 days and it will be clear of Brooklynella. Trouble is, you can reintroduce it again on new fish.

Jay

OP
OP
NANO NEMS

NANO NEMS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is Brooklynella, it may spread to the other clown, but maybe not the goby. You don't need to tear the tank down. Brooklynella has a direct life cycle and if the fish die, you can leave the tank running with just invertebrates in it for 45 days and it will be clear of Brooklynella. Trouble is, you can reintroduce it again on new fish.

Jay
Thanks Jay yea I'm going to just see what happens if I lose everything I'll leave it and just focus on growing the nems

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back