What happens if I give my Digitata low light?

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by dilute it though? Could I just add 1ml of pure calcium to bring it up a bit but lower the alk?
Unfortunately u just cant do that it's more like a double banger u cant adjust the alk without adjusting the cal and fluctuating nitrate(raises or lowers depending on cal consumed)

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the coral are super good! Only problem I was facing was getting into sps. Would it be impossible to keep sps in 11 dkh and 5 nitrate or would it be doable
I keep my tank between 5-10 Ppm nitrate, 10dkh, 450 cal, and 1350 mag. It grows acro and month just fine. If your nitrates dip, you may end up burned tips on your acro. So long as you have nitrates your alk is fine and will grow anything.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything is doable in this hobby I've seen people have 10k setups(waterbox,radions,apex,mp40s,vectra,dosed aquaforest)top of the line build kill thousand of dollars of livestock .I have a budy who has an aqueon 75 runs a 4ft t5 and 2 kessil a 80s does a water change every other day and only feeds mysis and spirulina,
Grew some of the nicest corals I've seen...

Dont let your budget or what other people are doing define your reef tank anything is possible and when you defy all these reefer "laws and ordinances and ende up with a beautiful tank to show off it makes it that much greater because of the time and effort you put in

The reef is a reflection of yourself

So yes I believe you can keep sps @GHOSTLY never doubt yourself... believe and you can achieve!

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything is doable in this hobby I've seen people have 10k setups(waterbox,radions,apex,mp40s,vectra,dosed aquaforest)top of the line build kill thousand of dollars of livestock .I have a budy who has an aqueon 75 runs a 4ft t5 and 2 kessil a 80s does a water change every other day and only feeds mysis and spirulina,
Grew some of the nicest corals I've seen...

Dont let your budget or what other people are doing define your reef tank anything is possible and when you defy all these reefer "laws and ordinances and ende up with a beautiful tank to show off it makes it that much greater because of the time and effort you put in

The reef is a reflection of yourself

So yes I believe you can keep sps @GHOSTLY never doubt yourself... believe and you can achieve!
You seem like a positive individual. May I See your reef?

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forestfire aka Bubblegum digi will devolp more green to the tips in lower light and go all orange in high light. At least in my reef.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine. Bought as a 2” fragment Been in my tank for 2 1/2 months or so. It’s growing taller and has new branches starting up but it isn’t basing out at all strangely. It’s near the top of the tank right under the light and receives strong flow. Beautiful orange red with green tips. I don’t feed it or my tank anything other than fish food and phytoplankton. Phosphate is 0.06 nitrates 15-20 alk is 9.
also, not to be negative but judging by your “emergency nutrient spike “ thread it would probably be a good idea to get that algae under control before adding any sps etc.
0EC55355-4E13-4ACA-93DD-47F026E19095.jpeg

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine. Bought as a 2” fragment Been in my tank for 2 1/2 months or so. It’s growing taller and has new branches starting up but it isn’t basing out at all strangely. It’s near the top of the tank right under the light and receives strong flow. Beautiful orange red with green tips. I don’t feed it or my tank anything other than fish food and phytoplankton. Phosphate is 0.06 nitrates 15-20 alk is 9.
also, not to be negative but judging by your “emergency nutrient spike “ thread it would probably be a good idea to get that algae under control before adding any sps etc.
Dealt with that. Phosphate is back down to 0.004 and nitrate is back at 5. Algae problem is gone its just the leftover that my toothbrush didn't get.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the different colours of digitata change care level or is it all similar

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back