What HAVE I done?

  • Thread starter Thread starter H2ODude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for all the welcomes and the advice. LFS guy replaced the clown, everyone seems happy at this point (me too). I have an octopus skimmer running, wondering if I should turn it off for a while, not seeing any scum in the collector yet. When went into LFS they tested and no ammonia, but after only two days wouldn't expect much. I've been feeding sparingly but I suppose if I want the rapid start bact to bloom I should maybe over feed a bit here at start. And yes, this is an addictive and patience challenging hobby!
 
Thanks for all the welcomes and the advice. LFS guy replaced the clown, everyone seems happy at this point (me too). I have an octopus skimmer running, wondering if I should turn it off for a while, not seeing any scum in the collector yet. When went into LFS they tested and no ammonia, but after only two days wouldn't expect much. I've been feeding sparingly but I suppose if I want the rapid start bact to bloom I should maybe over feed a bit here at start. And yes, this is an addictive and patience challenging hobby!

Just make sure if you see a bacteria bloom you keep the water well aerated. So if the skimmer is off, and the water gets cloudy, make sure to turn the skimmer on. Otherwise the bloom can suffocate the fish.
 
Welcome to R2R.

welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new