What in the world is going on here??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conzo427
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Conzo427

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
15
Location
Highlands Ranch
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help explain what is happening here?

20241023_193557.jpg
 
If you zoom in, you can see what appears to be a bunch of coral from the bottom of the tank formulated into a column adhered together with slim coming out of where the hammer coral ussually come out of. Whaaaa??
 
Looks like the type of thing a spinoid worm does in the sand bed. But this seems much larger scale.. and from inside a coral.

Bumping you since this is weird and I'm curious to know as well.
 
Looks like the type of thing a spinoid worm does in the sand bed. But this seems much larger scale.. and from inside a coral.

Bumping you since this is weird and I'm curious to know as well.
I was thinking the same thing
 
I cut this SHORT the day before yesterday. It's already growing down again!
1000005094.jpg


Here is a picture of the severed piece.
1000005061.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's strange. I'm definitely curious as to what's happening. Definitely following this one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new