What in the world is this

  • Thread starter Thread starter Obsessed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Obsessed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
63
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its starting to pop up all over the tank on the rock, little brown round/oval bubble looking things. I've been sucking them out and they keep coming back and then just found this huge one growing

Any idea?!

IMG_5900.JPG
 
When you said "bubble-looking", I was ready to see Valonia bubble algae ... but those are usually a brighter green and shiny.

I don't know what this guy is - but I'll bump your thread to help you find out! (>_<)

~Bruce
 
Thanks Bruce, yeah definitely not the regular bubble algae. These don't pop, just kinda deflate if you hit them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new