What in the world is this?

Stavrozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community

Well i have a tank that is 5 months old and its doing pretty good.....inside i have 2 clownfish and 1 coral beauty and 1 foxface rabbitfish with one rbta and 2 live rocks (one added recently from an old system i had a year ago) anyways now out if the blue i noticed some things on my tank glass please helo me identify it.... Small things all over this side of the tank and moving.... And this i found few of it its so small though abd tiny... So what in the world is this... Please tell me ita harmless i asked my lfs and he said its probably a baby anemone so ineed your help friends and yes its a fish only tank with live rocks.... And i have led lights for now
IMG_20220127_232553781_processed.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community

Well i have a tank that is 5 months old and its doing pretty good.....inside i have 2 clownfish and 1 coral beauty and 1 foxface rabbitfish with one rbta and 2 live rocks (one added recently from an old system i had a year ago) anyways now out if the blue i noticed some things on my tank glass please helo me identify it.... Small things all over this side of the tank and moving.... And this i found few of it its so small though abd tiny... So what in the world is this... Please tell me ita harmless i asked my lfs and he said its probably a baby anemone so ineed your help friends and yes its a fish only tank with live rocks.... And i have led lights for now
IMG_20220127_232553781_processed.jpg

Looks like a hydroid in the medusa stage. Being as you can see it from different angles, give the below a quick google search and compare.

If it is one, then I would not worry about it. They are common in new setups and usually die off once other microfauna establishes.

Google this:

hydroid medusa stage

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back