What Is A Good Bulb Combination for a Mixed Frag Tank?

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gallon frag tank with sps/softies/lps. I want the bulbs that will give me the best growth and color out of the corals. Please let me know the bulb combination you would choose and if your tank has that combination please post a pic of your tank.

My tank is a 4 bulb t5ho light fixture 24 in.

Thanks,
Reed

gillundr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a tough time getting a good answer without more details. Do you want a blue look? More purplish? More white? Bulbs, especially T5s come in so many colors that you can get just about any look you want. Even actinic bulbs will vary from company to company, like ati to uvl. I have tried a few brands and found what I like but it might be different for you. Personally I would start with two ATI blue plus, an ati purple plus (or a korallen zucht blue plue, the kz are better IMHO but are sometimes tough to find and when you do find it they may be expensive to ship separately so not worth the headache). Then an actinic or a white of your choice. Depending on if you want more white or more blue. Could do 3 blue plus and a purple. That would be a 14k look with a bit of pop. Take out a blue plus and add a white or blue depending on what you like. I'm sure there will be more guys who might add to it. I like the ati bulbs they give nice color and great par, also geisman and DD are nice IMHO. Order 6 bulbs so you can play a bit, shipping is usually the same for 4-6. Unless you get them at a lfs.

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed on the ATI's! i am running two blue plus, one purple plus and one aquablue plus on a 75 gallon, and the color and growth is and has been spectacular!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back